Byrd Accounting is seeking a Staff Tax Accountant for immediate hire to help us grow our full-service tax accounting office in Winter Garden. The Staff Tax Accountant is a Full-Time position which will report directly to the Manager. The ideal candidate will want to stay and grow with the company long-term. We will consider recent college graduates, retired accountants or senior accountants looking to reduce their workload.
Responsibilities of the Staff Tax Accountant:
- Maintain and service a book of corporate and individual client accounts as assigned.
- Process and prepare financial statements for corporate clients.
- Accurately prepare, sign and electronically file income tax returns for all entities.
- Review invoices for accurate billing and contact requirements.
- Discuss opinions and tax strategy with clients in understandable everyday language.
- Conduct tax research leveraging trustworthy sources to ensure accurate information.
- Monthly account reconciliation.
- Calculate payroll as needed.
- Process quarterly payroll returns as needed.
- Process sales tax returns as needed.
- Assist in answering office phones and routing inbound calls.
- Faithfully use and improve company systems.
Qualifications of the Staff Tax Accountant:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible in daily routine; ability to prioritize and manage shifting responsibilities.
- Technologically savvy with ability to learn new programs quickly and troubleshoot common issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks.
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Associates Degree or related experience preferred.
Byrd Accounting is a private, family-owned tax preparation and accounting office with consumer-focused branding, technology and marketing in an exciting environment with awesome team culture and career and life balance. The intricate tax and accounting process requires knowledge, training and experience. We love our community and connecting with people. Join Byrd Accounting to be a part of a culture focused on making you a valuable part of what we do.
Hours: This is a Full-Time Position averaging 32 hours per week with some flexibility in scheduled hours and seasonally adjusted during peak tax season.
Contact: Please contact Emily Tracy via email at email@example.com
Return to Top